With summer in full swing many of us are trying to think of ways to help keep our pets cool in the heat!
Here are some tips that we have come up with to help your pets:
1) Freeze a treat in a kong. You can use mashed sweet potatoes, peanut butter and anything else that will freeze well!
2) Add ice cubes to your pet’s water dish. Some pets even like to play/munch on ice cubes!
3) Buy a kid pool and let your pet wade in the water to cool off in that hot summer heat!
4) Avoid exercise outside during the hottest hours of the day. Teaching your pets tricks can help keep their brain occupied when they cannot be out exercising.
5) Take your pet for a swim if they will enjoy it. There are off-leash dog parks that have water access in the lower mainland. For a list please go here
Just a reminder to never leave your pet in the car!